||MACH (Mapping and Analysis of Census Households) is a British census search search engine linked to national and county maps (at the civil parish level). MACH lets you search the census data by any field, using wildcards in any way. The CD-ROM contains all the census data for this county. Its features include:
- Complete gazetteer of the county (hundreds, probate jurisdictions, registration districts etc)
- Search the census data by any fields with any use of wild cards
- Map search results to civil parish map of the county, or to a county map of the British Isles
- Print or save any map created
- Configure map colour scales and colour change thresholds
- Fully integrated online Help system. Simply press F1 wherever you are
- Save any result set to a CSV file for import into spreadsheets or databases
- All data resides on CD-ROM and is not copied to your hard disk
- Recreate census enumerator's book page and print it
- Scroll through from any result in 'as enumerated' view for one section.
MACH requires an IBM compatible PC running Windows 95, Windows 98 or Windows NT4.0. It is not available for Windows 3.1. The minimum specification is a PC with 16 MB RAM, but 32 MB or more is preferred. 5 MB of free disk space is required. A 256 colour SVGA monitor is needed.
Conditions of use
This CD-ROM program and database tables are © Copyright Bucks GS & Drake Software 2000. The census data is Crown Copyright. Purchase of this CD-ROM provides single-user licence from BGS & Drake Software for your personal use. Information on multi-user licences is available on request.
For further information regarding these publications, and the advantages for members, email Mrs Eve McLaughlin at firstname.lastname@example.org